Sunday 1 May 2016

Silhouette Card Scramble

It was my turn to host the Hero Arts Flickr Group card scramble today. If I had been more organised, I would have given you the heads up so you could join in. Sorry about that. Hopefully, you'll join in the next one in two weeks time.

I have recently spent a week at a game reserve in South Africa. I so loved being in nature, seeing the animals free in their natural habitat, having close encounters of the elephant kind, seeing my first leopard in the wild, the incredible space and peace and sky.


Thinking of "African Sky", I searched for some inspiring photos on Pinterest and chose these two. The first is available from Fine Art America.



The theme I set was to make a SILHOUETTE CARD using Hero Arts stamps, stencils or dies.

For my first card I used a stencil made from a die, and sponged and stamped before removing the mask.


For the second, I used Jennifer McGuire's technique of smooching ink directly from pad to vellum and then rubbing it with a tissue to blend. The branch is a die cut.


The third card I made while everyone was making theirs. I used a piece of vellum left over from the first card. Decided I wanted some more layers so used a text stamp under it. I hand drew the black lines.


3 comments:

  1. love your three sample cards Janet - and it was a fun scramble - silhouette cards are so effective for a quick card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Janet! I am so sorry that I wasn't able to play along in your Scramble yesterday...it looks like everyone had fun! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Those beautiful backgrounds really make the silhouette images pop, and of course your designs are always perfectly CAS!
    Thanks for sharing the photo of the elephant with us...It must have been an exciting time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these cards are wonderful. Great vibrant colours!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails