Wednesday 22 October 2014

Garden Inspiration

It's spring in our part of the world, and one of the beauties are the Jacaranda trees. I have quite a few in my garden, and I love the soft lavender colour with the soft, pretty carpet it creates. It also makes me think of my Dad as it was his favourite tree.


I wanted to create a card inspired by this, when a friend arrived with her new Paper Smooches Botanicals stamp set, it had the perfect stamp. The sentiment is from Magenta. I love that the white space gives room to breathe to match the sentiment.


7 comments:

  1. Jacarandas make me miss my home...
    This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely card Janet!! Thanks for sharing photo of your beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous and gorgeous - have never seen a jacaranda tree - only read about them - we are enjoying autumn here - everything is red and gold and orange

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your part of the world! Even though I traveled quite a bit, but Mauritius is so foreign to me! Your card interprets the scene beautifully! Thank you, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card and what an amazing creation from the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, and a gorgeous tree! I love jacaranda season! Where do you live Janet? I'm in Brisbane, and I just love how the city turns purple in October. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos make me homesick for Australia. We had a Jacaranda in our yard and all down the street I would walk down to get to the shops. Your card is a lovely representation of a beautiful tree and blossom.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails