Thursday 28 August 2014

Watercolouring

I don't know about you, but sometimes a spot something in the blog world or on pinterest that stays in my mind - that I really want to CASE. And sometimes it takes me a while to get my act together, but I get there eventually. So this is my "Hero Arts" take on Jennifer McGuire's card. This stamp set, Night and Day Flowers, is one that I chose when I won in Spring Sketch Challenge. This is the first chance I've had to play with it - and I so loved doing this.


I used my basic Guitar watercolours, and added white Perfect Pearls to the petals, and gold Perfect Pearls to the leaves. I know that everyone is talking (and using) of the Peerless and Gansai Tambi Watercolour sets, but I think my everyday ones worked out ok.  It is my first card using the Ranger watercolour paper, and it is really good. Much better than anything else I've tried. The colours run well, and it didn't buckle at all despite the amount of water I used.


These colours happen to match the Color Throwdown Challenge, (and are one of my favourite colour combos) so I will enter it there.





8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the watercoloring you did. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, love the shimmer in the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. I must sit down and actually play with my watercolors and try some of these techniques that everyone is sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous watercoloring! Love the close up! Thxs for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and a great idea to use your Perfect Pearls to add lustre to you watercolours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! Maybe I should try some water colors as it has been some time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Janet. Love the pretty flowers. The coloring is amazing. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is a gorgeous watercolor card! Lovely shading! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails