Tuesday 11 March 2014

Painted Stencil

Since watercolours are so "in", I have been playing with my stencils and paint to see what effects I get. I wasn't sure I'd be able to use them, as I thought it would give a really messy look. And it does! But that can be artsy too .... and when you stencil is covered with paint you can use it as a stamp too. Then, and only then, do you wash it!

So I have lots of pieces of stenciled and stencil-stamped pieces. This is one of the stencil-stamped pieces. Then I used Distress markers to ink up the butterfly stamp and gave a spritz of water before stamping.

My last card for Virginia's View Challenge : Watercolour challenge! Thanks Virginia - loved this challenge.





4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love your gorgeous result! The water-coloring really gives this card an artsy feel....love it! GREAT use of paint and stencil! So glad that you link this up to Virginia's View Challenge! I am happy to see your entry, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous card, Janet! I love your color combo and your water coloring is so artistic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank your for popping by! I'd love to hear your comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails