This is my second card using the No Line Watercolouring technique (if you missed the first, you can see it here). I used the Hero Arts Butterfly. As this is a very arty technique and you sort of have to go with the flow, it was quite difficult to try and get the 2 wings to match. Not a perfect job, but a good first try.
The small frame behind the turquoise one, has been embossed. It was Jacqueline's card that gave me the idea of making an embossed frame. Didn't want it too big as I wanted to keep it as light as possible.
But I so love trying a new technique. First thing you need is an outline stamp that has some detail lines inside. So a quick whiz through my stash and I decided on 3 stamps - because I had seen that you had to do this in stages - so while the first was drying I could start the next image. This is not a technique that can be rushed!
So here is the first card using the Large Flower from Hero Arts - so versatile - the last card I made with this was so different. I used Antique Linen to stamp the images. I didn't want to use all the detail lines of the flower (it would take ages), so I grouped them in parts. However, you can see some of the lines showing through. I'm not sure why some showed through, and others didn't.
A close up of the painted lines. I used Picked Raspberry and Dusty Concord for the petals, Ripe Persimmon for the centre; Mowed Lawn and Shabby Shutters for the leaves.
The sentiment is stamped and embossed on vellum. Although the Hero Arts bird stamp is an oldie, it's still one of my favourites - nice to pair it with the relatively new branch die ... good for the Nature Challenge at Hero Arts.